Cataloging System For Galleries
The main activity of the galleries is the organization of thematic exhibitions. This is a difficult task, which requires time, specific knowledge, and other resources. A certain number of people are responsible for the completion of this task and their activities also need to be planned. A new, more effective managing system is needed. Therefore, we developed an information cataloguing system with the purpose to optimize the work processes in the galleries.
The cataloging system is suitable for describing and presenting exhibitions of various types - paintings, sculptures, photos, ethnographic items, etc.
The digital catalogue could be useful for all types of galleries – private or public. It could be used by:
• managers and directors
• exhibition coordinators
• special project teams
• different types of artists
• advertisers and event managers
• students and tutors
The system makes possible the entering of various data types for the objects, such as:
• catalogue number;
• alternative names (referring to the exhibition labels)
• contacts (the web-site address);
The cataloging system allows each element to be associated with one or more exhibitions. The connections could be made when entering the first record of the object or later. Moreover, one exhibition could be connected with more than one collection or place.
There is also an option that allows general view of the exhibition, as well as another one – for editing – where additional information could be entered.
With the cataloging system for galleries you can:
• have consistent and systemized documentation;
• administrate your collections more effectively;
• easily manage your exhibitions;
• facilitate and improve the work of your employees;
• promote the gallery activities;
• enhance the cultural value of both – the collections and the gallery.